COVID-19 Update

On the advice of Football Federation Australia and in turn the Sutherland Shire Football Association, all football activities are postponed until the 14th April 2020. This includes trial matches, training and competition football.  This means:
  1. Trial matches scheduled for this weekend against Barden Ridge are cancelled
  2. No training until further notice
  3. No MiniRoos referee course - this has been postponed until further notice
  4. First round 28th and 29th March postponed TBA
Whilst it is disappointing that our season will be delayed in starting, the health and safety of our players and families are our first priority. This is frustrating for the players, but is also frustrating for our committee and helpers that have put in a lot of work to help get the club ready for the start of the season. For those that have assisted Bangor FC over the last few weeks, we thank you.

Included below is a link to the Sutherland Shire Football Association's (SSFA) update on COVID-19 and it's impact on the 2020 Football Season.  This update references the FFA's linked Circular No 20-06. We encourage you to read this to ensure you are fully informed, 

Link to SSFA email “COVID-19 and the SSFA in 2020”

Points to note as follows:
  • Effective immediately, all games, training and other football activities must cease
  • Where possible, unnecessary meetings and other gatherings should either cease or be minimised. I suggest that you look to alternative forms of meeting (teleconferences) or by utilising other forms of technology (e.g. Skype).
  • No competitions/leagues will commence at this stage, and any that have already started, will be suspended until 14 April 2020.
Please especially take note of the below:
  • Any football activity which takes place during this period is not sanctioned by the Association nor Football NSW and, therefore, the Personal Accident insurance cover that is provided as part of a player’s registration may not apply..."

"...If the current environment does not worsen over this period, the following will be implemented for season 2020.
  • Training will recommence week beginning 14th April
  • Round 1 will commence Saturday 18th April.
  • We envisage that the season will be redrawn in an attempt to play all 18 rounds and a finals series.
Any subsequent adjustments to the draw as a direct result of further directives by our governing bodies or the government (or due to washouts or fields not being available) will necessitate a reduction in rounds to be played. Note also that Grand Finals may need to be played (in the worst case in limited circumstances – subject to field availability) in September..."

We will continue to provide updates as information comes to hand, but in the meantime please take care of yourselves and your families. 

Platinum sponsors

Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsors

Content © 2008, 2020. Bangor Brumbies All rights reserved.
pagebloom sports Automated processes for your sports club: committees, fixtures, divisions, teams,
management and communications, newsletters, notifications
© 2008, 2020. Step Ahead Software Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.